Wonders Child Care Center is dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination. We enroll children on a first come, first served basis, but do give alumni, siblings and children of staff priority at all of our sites. Additionally, due to our required lease arrangement, employees of the Montgomery County government receive priority at Leland Children’s Center and Edgemoor Children’s Center. The number of spaces available for enrollment at each site is determined by the licensed capacity of each classroom. Applicants will be placed on our waiting list one year before request start date.
Steps to Apply
- Contact Wonders with any questions or to request additional information.
- Monthly Open houses are available.
- Submit an application with non-refundable $100 Application Fee
- If a full or part time space is available, you will be notified and asked to submit a deposit and a $45 non-refundable registration fee.
- If no spaces are available, your application will be held on a waiting list at no additional cost.
Refunds and Withdrawals
- Early childhood programs are 12 month programs. Written notice of withdrawal must be received by the Program Director at least 30 days in advance of the last day your child will attend. You are responsible for the full tuition during the last 30 days of enrollment. No deposit will be refunded for withdrawals occurring between April 1 and September 30.
- You may choose to use your deposit as a contribution to the Wonders Financial Assistance Fund or have it refunded to you. Failure to comply with the notification requirement will result in forfeiture of your deposit.
- Refund checks typically require six weeks’ processing time after the child’s enrollment ends.
- We do not offer the option of withdrawing for the summer and still maintaining your space for the fall: if you discontinue enrollment for the summer, you will forfeit your alumni and/or sibling status with Wonders for the following program year at all of Wonders’ sites. We are unable to give tuition credits during extended vacation time.
Changes in days enrolled in the summer are subject to availability and are approved at the sole discretion of the Program Director.
Changes in Enrollment
If you wish to change the number of days your child is enrolled, you must submit this request in writing at least 30 days prior to the anticipated change date. We cannot accept requests for changes between August 1 and October 1. All changes are subject to availability and the discretion of the Program Director. Additional days will be granted only if space is available. Reducing days is not automatic, as we must be able to fill the newly vacated spot. Families are responsible for the full payment of the original schedule until notified by Wonders that the change has been made.
Wonders Handy Family Book
For more information on our policies please read the Wonders Handy Family Book.